Friday 13 September 2013

A question of sport



Well as soon as I saw the challenge title from the Fussy and Fancy blog, 'A question of Sport' came to mind! I love watching Sue Barker battling with the sport celebrities to get them to behave.

Anyway back to the card. I used Clarity card and Clarity stamps for this. I stamped 'sport' in black archival and clear embossed it. Then I stamped the rest of the letters in black archival without embossing this time. I masked them off, then used different sport figures stamping them around the card and embossed them. I masked the 'O' in sport, and using bubble wrap, stamped randomly with versamark. With my brayer, splodge mat and distress inks I brayered in the sky and grass.  I used the NDC stamp around edges using ink off splodge mat. Then I inked the little scene in the 'O' using a make up sponge.

Next I cut a narrow strip of Clarity card and masked off edges with masking tape. I stamped and embossed centre area with balls, removed tape and drew 2 straight lines. I inked the sides with ink off the splodge mat and make up sponge and again edged it with NDC stamp. 

Both pieces were mounted onto black card and then onto 8"x8" base card. I wrapped some twine in the gap and attached a football and 3 white craft candy and voila.

All for now Theresa xx

11 comments:

  1. Great card, Theresa ... what a clever idea xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very clever idea Theresa! Would make a great man's card x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this design, Fab sport card! You have put so much work in to this.....Love it!
    Thanks for joining us at The Fussy and Fancy Challenge x
    hugs Nikki x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fab card Theresa. It all works so well together. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic card Theresa, love your use of the Clarity stamps....I have to be honest, I use mine so much especially for male cards ...thank you for joining us over at the Fussy and Fancy Friday Challenge blog....good luck...Jo. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jo. Very useful stamps for sport loving males xx

      Delete
  6. Hi Theresa, thank you for joining in our Fussy and Fancy Challenge. I love your entry, What a great use of stamps and great positioning too. Sam x

    ReplyDelete