Friday 27 September 2013

fussy and fancy challenge - dies &/or punches



Well today's offering is a spellbinders card. I started by embossing the background in centura pearl. I stamped happy birthday on the bottom strip. I cut a few dies alternating blue and white. As this set is intricate I used wax paper in the die and when I took it out I thought it looked too good to throw away so I used it as well as bottom layer.

Next I cut border in blue, mounted it on white centura pearl and cut it again leaving white borders. This sort of embossed the white card into the blue. I mounted the card as can be seen in picture and matted it on blue and put on white linen base card.

I added a triple bow in white grosgrain ribbon which I stuck onto a double twine bow. I added some flowers from Sweet lilac flowers which I coloured with distress inks and ink dusters. Finally I added a pearl embellishment to centre of dies, a pearl in bottom left hand corner, and a pearl swirl in upper right hand corner.  The finished size is A5.

This is my entry into the current Fussy and Fancy challenge where the theme is dies and punches.

Hope you like it and I would love to know what you think. Take care Theresa xx

Well i'm so pleased that this card made the top 5 in this challenge. Thank you xx

5 comments: