Wednesday 18 September 2013

Party planet


Well today's card is one I made for a little lad who is going to be 7. i started with a piece of white card on which i stamped stars on upper 2/3 with versamark ink. I embossed with clear detail powder.I stamped the planet in sienna archival ink and clear embossed it. Next i drew a sort of moon shape on lower 1/3 and made craters by using darker promarkers. I then outlined it with a fine nibbed black archival pen.
Then I used ink dusters to colour the sky using distress inks: tumbled glass, broken china, stormy sky and faded jeans.
On a separate piece of white card I freehand drew a flag and colored it in. i wrote party planet on it. I made a small slit in one of the craters and slid the mast in attaching it from the back. I put a foam pad in middle to give it lift and movement. i stamped spaceships in black archival and heat embossed with clear powder. I coloured them in with glaze sakura pens. i attached the smaller one on the moon. I cut a narrow strip of acetate and attached it to the other space ship. Then i attached the other end to the back of the card. This gives the illusion that it is floating in space. hopefully you can see this in the picture


Or you might see it better in this next one....


Finished card is 8x6
Inside i hand wrote the message: hope your birthday is out of this world in a funky font.
That's all for today. Hope you like it and can leave me a comment to tell me what you think. Bye Theresa xx








No comments:

Post a Comment