Saturday 22 February 2014

cameo - simon says stamp challenge

Well over at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge they have a new challenge that this week is entitled cameo appearance. 


So I decided to join this challenge as I remembered that I had the stamps that I could use. 
Again I have turned to to the set of stamps that came with issue 14 of Creative Stamper magazine and the Kaisercraft papers. I stamped the cameo outline in versamark and embossed in black. I stamped the lady silhouette in versamark and again black embossed. I cut it out and giving it some dimension stuck it on cameo frame.


I created an easel card from a 6x6 card and layered it with kaiser craft papers and a lacy border that came with papers. I attached the cameo to the panel and added some pearl flourishes and an organza bow from some aqua ribbon that I had in my stash. I embellished the bow with a brad.


I stamped and embossed the sentiment from same set and die cut it with a spellbinder die. I created a mat by drawing around die and cutting it out with scissors. I added a couple of pearls and stuck it down with foam pads. Sorry the pic is lopsided but it turned during transfer and i couldn't change it.




Hope you like my make and if you don't mind leaving a comment to tell me what you think I'd be very pleased, Theresa xx





13 comments:

  1. Really beautiful elegant card Theresa. I love the colour scheme. Good luck in the challenge. Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. A really elegant, sophisticated and beautiful card Theresa and I absolutely love the colours you've chosen to use! Just beautiful... :) Thank you so much for sharing it and joining us over at the Simon Says Stamp challenge blog! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you so much Emma. I love your encouragement xx

      Delete
  3. Elegance personified Love this card and the colours you have used xxx Beautiful xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely card, very sophisticated and I love the touches of teal in your design. The cameo sits beautifully against the backdrop. Thanks so much for joining in the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  5. thank you so much ladies. love your comments xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stunning Theresa & tastefully elegant - I love it especially the delicate accents of teal xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a beautiful and elegant card Theresa. ,love the colour combination and how wonderfully you've used the free stamps. Good luck in the challenge xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ditto what the girls have said above Theresa, such a beautiful and elegant card x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Its a beauty, wonderful colours, very elegant. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is gorgeous! Love the colours, mix of patterns and that great bow. Beautiful cameo. Thank you for sharing with us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog!

    ReplyDelete
  11. once again thank you ladies. i'm really touched by the comments xx

    ReplyDelete