Saturday 1 August 2015

gelli print and grunge paste or tic tac toe?

Hello my friends. Today I have another mixed media offering for you. It started it's life as a gelli print that was made in collaboration with my son during these holidays.


The print is the top left one. At first we didn't think much of it. I had added the naples yellow to the plate to pick up the dredges left from the previous print that is at he bottom. But we didn't throw it away as we thought it would come in handy at some point.


A few days later I looked at it again and I started imagining what it would look like with something else superimposed on it. So I reached for one of my favourite stencils, masked an area off and pulled grunge paste through it.


Once dry I coloured it in with promarkers. I used pear green, moss and marsh green, berry red, poppy and walnut and black.


Then I repositioned the stencil and covered the image with versamark ink. I removed the stencil and sprinkled with clear embossing powder and heat set it. This gave it a fabulous sheen and made it look like ceramic. It is not easy to capture on pics...... I tried.


Using the word chains I stamped sentiment in versamark and heat embossed in black detail powder.


I then trimmed it and went round with a black sharpie and stuck it to an 8x8 base card.


The pictures below were an attempt to try and capture some of the detail on the print. There was silver on the original print and here you can see the shimmer. There is more to it than first meets the eye but it needs to be seen in person to be able to capture all the detail.





The Claritystamp challenge this month is Bingo using the grid below. My card has stencil, stamp and grunge paste.
Stencil, stamps, gelli plate and brayer are all from Claritystamps Ltd.


I would like to enter this card in the following challenges:

Sister Act Card Challenge - anything goes
Fan-Tastic Tuesday - anything goes with a twist: make it feminine 
Crop Stop blog - anything goes


42 comments:

  1. This is beautiful Theresa and that background is perfect with the poppy and texture paste and I love the way you have clear embossed to give it a sheen and it does indeed look like ceramic. The word chain sentiment works perfectly with it too. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing the ceramic look is hard to pick up but you can see it just xxx I think it lovely and ticks all the boxes for the challenge xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, you're quick off the mark this month Theresa! This is my favourite stencil, and I love how you've used it. Good luck in the Clarity Challenge.
    Hugs
    Amanda xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Amanda. But it was one I had ready 😁 xx

      Delete
  4. I love the gelli plate background you have used and the way you have embossed to give the card this lovely ceramic look, a lovely work of art. Thank you for entering the challenge and the best of luck. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. A great entry for the Clarity Challenge Theresa - I really like the ceramic look and the colours really stand out well against that Gelli background (just as well you decided not to throw it away!)
    Wishing you luck in this month's challenge x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my goodness Theresa, how quick were you getting this one in! The gelli print you've used has a fab, grungy look which is a great contrast to the beautiful glazed poppies. Thanks for entering the Clarity challenge, and good luck. Xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Barbara I made it last week. Thanks xx

      Delete
  7. Wow Theresa, I just love this. The colour combination is great. Love the way you coloured the Grunge Paste and then embossed it with clear powder. A fabulous project. Thanks for leaving a comment on my blog, much appreciated.
    Hugs Jennifer xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you Jennifer. your projects are fab too and quite intricate with all the different pastes xx

      Delete
  8. Wow fantastic idea Theresa, beautiful artwork xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow , this is a work of art , so beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow very nice bold four a good luck clarity challenge x

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is fantastic!! it is amazing what you have created here. I love it! Thanks for joining us at Sister Act Card Challenge. Hope to see you again on the next challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful! Those poppies really pop off the background! Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. then i achieved wht i set out to do....make the poppies pop. thanks Wendy xx

      Delete
  13. Hi Theresa! I found you at The Outlawz, and popped over to check out your blog. OMG, girl - you are amazing! I've become your newest follower via email, and I hope that you'll follow my blog as well - I love new blogging friends! http://CherishEachPreciousDay.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Absolutely gorgeous, Theresa!! Those poppies are so vivid and are just stunning!! I found your blog from the Outlawz and am following you by email!! You have a great blog!
    Hugs
    Darcy

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks for sharing your lovely crafting for Fan-tastic Tuesday challenge 96 - hope to see you again soon, Hazel, DT x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Fabulous as always Theresa. Those poppies are so vibrant. Loving it. Hugs and best of luck in the challenge. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. It is lovely piece of art! Thanks for joining in at the CropStop Linky Party

    ReplyDelete
  18. Another wonderful piece of art work, Theresa and a great explanation of its inception. Wishing you success in this month's Clarity Challenge. ;~}

    ReplyDelete
  19. A lovely piece of art Theresa. This is one of my favourite stencils and I love how you've coloured your grunge paste image. Thanks for entering the Clarity challenge. Good luck! x

    ReplyDelete