Tuesday 12 April 2016

happy anniversary

Hello my friends. So this Saturday I went to Ally Pally with my friend Karen. Needless to say I bought some new stash and I was itching to play with it.


This card is a result of such play. Creative expressions have just released these metallic gilding polishes and they looked so lush that I just had to have some. I wasn't too greedy and only bought 3. The names and colours called out to me. They were Mediterranean blue. ocean teal and pearl lustre. They are blendable and give a pearlescent fish which is quite opulent. Can you see where I got the inspiration for the colours and the card? That is a picture of the Mediterranean sea in Malta. Now you know why I precipitate so much towards the blues.

Anyway enough waffling and onto the card. I used 2 stencils for this, a hexagon and a double oval geometric one. I superimposed them and embossed the ovals through the hexagon. Keeping both stencils in place, I started adding the polishes. I used the pearl lustre first and worked my way up to the darker blue. I then lifted the stencils off and left it to dry.



Once dry I wanted to add a sentiment. I decided to go with anniversary but I didn't have the word in the word chain stamps. So this involved a lot of masking of letters off other words so I could find the appropriate letters. I know I used: inspire, star, a, love, you and news.
I stamped them in black archival ink and clear embossed. A few black gems finish the card off.
Stencils and stamps are from Claritystamp Ltd.
So now I would love to have some feedback. I really loved the fish card but hubby again put a damper on it saying it was too modern and there is no-one to send it to, Theresa xx.


I would like to enter this card in the following challenges:

Less is more - one layer: geometric shapes
One layer challenge - as you wish
Word art Wednesday - anything goes


26 comments:

  1. Wow! Beautiful colours and shine! I would have chosen those colours too, so pretty! Lovely card Theresa. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such pretty shiny color! Thanks for sharing at Less is More!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Striking card Theresa and what lush colour tones , glad you had a great day on Saturday. Hugs...xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Jo. these are my colour tones, hugs xxx

      Delete
  4. I love these colours and the beautiful shine! Nicely done :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those blues are some of my favourites too Theresa and I love the double stencil technique and the clever letter masking to make the sentiment. I think this works well for an anniversary and is a change from the hearts and flowers we would perhaps normally use and I love the pretty shimmer. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Pat. similar line of thought for me too xx

      Delete
  6. How nice the colour is fantastic good luck in the clarity challenge x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous colour combo here. Love the stencilling, shine and texture. Absolutely perfect take on the challenge Theresa. Thanks for sharing and playing along at Less is More this week. Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  8. Didn't see you at Ally Pally on Saturday Theresa... didn't notice these gilding polishes either! The effect of the lustre is beautiful!
    Looks like you had fun with this one!
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i don't think i would have recognised you though! maybe next time. thank you xx

      Delete
  9. Wonderful colours Theresa, a super card.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ooh, those shimmery colours are delicious! Beautiful effect, Theresa.
    Thanks for sharing with us.
    Anita x
    Less is More

    ReplyDelete
  11. A very effective way of demonstrating masking using the stencils Theresa. I love the colours of the gilding polishes you've used. Thanks for joining the challenge this month. Good luck! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. those polishes are lush and i keep using them. thanks Angela xx

      Delete
  12. Its fabulous Theresa those polishes are fab. I saw John Lockwood playing with them yesterday. Good luck and thanks for entering xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Linda. I am discovering more ways of using them too. they dissolve in water and produce a shimmery translucent paint....... xx

      Delete