Sunday 9 July 2017

teal christmas card

Hi there. I have started on the Christmas card list and some challenges are really inspiring me to go after the Christmas cards.


This week's challenge over at LIM is the one layer card with a coloured base card. I know that teal is not a colour associated with Christmas but I felt that this colour combo worked well. Obviously, I am open to your suggestions.


So I basically die cut the baubles into the base card. They are from the Sara's Scandinavian collection by Crafter's Companion. I then stamped the string in versamark and embossed in gold. Then I went over the baubles with a versamark pen and gold embossed as well. The sentiment is from Claritystamp Word chains and I gold embossed it too.


I thought I had finished when I realised I had smudges across the sentiment. So I had to hide it or else bin the card. So I got out an Imagination Crafts stencil and sparkle paste and added some sparkly snowflakes all around for balance. So now I'm keeping everything crossed that I won't get told that it is too busy!

Hugs, Theresa xx


I would like to enter this card in the following challenges:

Simply less is more - one layer: colour base card
AAA cards - collaboration with LIM




18 comments:

  1. The teal and gold look really pretty together, great card. Thanks for playing at AAA Cards.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, this is lovely .. and another Christmas card for the 2017 quota

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a gorgeous Christmas card, Theresa! The colours create such a rich feel - lovely! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Less is More :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Teal delight! Fabulous card. Thanks for playing along at AAA Cards
    Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  5. This teal and gold is a great colour combination Theresa and the die cut baubles look so pretty, as do those sweet little snowflakes. x

    ReplyDelete
  6. So pretty and elegant and what a stunning and luxury card for Christmas. Great to see you playing along at both Less is More and AAA Cards this week

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think your teal base for Christmas is perfect -something different and very elegant and sophisticated! Thanks for joining us at Less Is More!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very nice card thanks for sharing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The embossing is lovely on the blue cardstock. Thank you for sharing with us at AAA Cards.

    ReplyDelete