Google+ Followers

Tuesday, 11 July 2017

Wild roses


Hello there my friends. Time is just flying and it is time for another TTCRD anything goes challenge. This is a scheduled post so I hope it will work.


Our sponsor this week is Sheepski Designs. She has some gorgeous designs in her shop so be sure to visit.
The lucky winner will get 3 digi images.


I chose to work with the image wild roses which you can find here. I must say I love this image and to me it says Christmas. So I decided to make a Christmas card and get the list moving.


So it is printed on coconut white card and then I added drawing gum to it to mask it so I could work on background. I overstamped with watering can archival ink (I don't know where the stamp is from, somewhere in China, but I love it).


I brushed distress inks all over the background and added shadow with a damp brush and brushed corduroy. I rubbed off the drawing gum and then added some highlights with Victorian velvet to flowers. The leaves I coloured with peeled paint and forest moss. 
I then tore all around it and inked it with distress inks. I matted on torn black card and stuck to the base card.
Finally, I added a bow in matching ribbons and a flower from my stash. I added a bit of sparkle with the Crafter's Companion clear sparkle pen.



4 comments:

  1. This is extremely pretty Theresa and the background goes beautifully with the flowers and love the distressed edges against the black mat, then the added embellishment finishes it perfectly, I love that glittery pink ribbon. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Pat. i've had that ribbon for years and finally used some of it xx

      Delete
  2. Lovely ! I like that you chose to use pinks and make a Christmas card out of the floral image.

    ReplyDelete