Tuesday 1 August 2017

homewares

Hello, my friends. I'm back with another card. This is the card I made for my father on father's day just gone.


I started with a Kraft stepper card as a base card. Next, I set about creating the wall. I stamped in the watering can archival ink and then painted with watered down distress inks. I used several from the earthy colours and then added some green to give it a more authentic feel of age.


Next, I set about the shelf. I used a scrap of kraft card, a woodgrain stamp and potting soil archival ink. Then I used a scoring board to create the shelf and stuck it down as shown.


It was now time to make the jars and pot to go on the shelf. I die cut all the pieces from Sheena stamping card, apart from the lids which I cut from black card. I then stamped the pieces with the corresponding stamps.
The pickled onions were hand drawn by yours truly. 


Now, I chose these particular foods as my father tends to make them. His pickled onions are the best and the lemon syrup is made with lemons from the garden and is a wonder for a sore throat.
The flower pot is there because he is also proud of his plants and has loads of them in the yard and the garden.


Everything is coloured with distress inks and a damp paint brush. To make the jars look more realistic, I added highlights with a white pen and then sprayed them with spray and shine. For the lids, I added gilding wax to the black cards and this makes them look like metal. I used silver and gold.

The stamps and dies are from Sheena's perfect partners range apart from the woodgrain one which is a Tim Holtz stamp.


I would like to enter this card in the following challenges:



4 comments:

  1. What a wonderful Fathers Day card Theresa and the jars and flower pot sitting on the shelf look fabulous, you could almost take the pickle onions ot of the jar and a clever job with the white gel pen for highlights on the glass. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fab work! love every single detail, especially the faux metal! Absolutely wonderful! Thanks for joining us this week on Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog! Barbara

    ReplyDelete