Friday 15 September 2017

fall colours

Hello, my friends. I thought that this card was very apt for the colours of fall. This is the new Theme for our challenge over at FFFC. The theme was chosen by the talented Pat K.


So I started with a piece of Sheena stamping card and using Crafter's Companion's falling leaves stamps and several colours of archival inks, I stamped all around the edge.


Using coffee archival I stamped the sentiment. Then I stamped 3 tumbling leaves across the card in versamark and brushed over with matching colours of perfect pearls.


I distressed the edges with gathered twigs and walnut stain distress inks.


Now I turned my attention to the embellishment leaves. They are mixed media dies from Crafter's Companion. I die cut the 3 sizes in gold mirror card and embossed them with a leaf veins folder again by Crafter's Companion. I coloured them with adirondak alcohol inks and punched a hole. I joined them up with jump rings and threaded through some jute and wrapped it around the card I had prepared earlier.
Some matting and layering and then stuck everything down on kraft card.
For further inspiration please hop over to the FFFC blog.
See you on the other side, hugs Theresa xx.



2 comments:

  1. The stamped leaves are beautiful Theresa as you have managed to get lots of lovely autumn shades into them and the added CC die cut and embossed leaves look great coloured with the alcohol inks and the jute thread goes really well with the background kraft card.

    Please can I ask your advice: I need some watercolouring card and just wondered if this Sheena Douglass one is a nice bright white and nice and smooth, and if the surface resists the fluffiness and roughness which happens sometimes when you add a lot of water. I like something that takes a bit of scrubbing...lol. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hi Pat. thanks for the comments. as for the card, it does take a good wack of water, it is smooth and bright white and 300gsm, so a good weight. Crafter's companion do a watercolour card that is really good but is not totally smooth although the texture is not too enhanced. hope that makes sense xx

      Delete